[theme-reviewers] Are plugin-territory features that were missed during initial review required to be removed completely upon detection?

Daniel Tara contact at onedesigns.com
Wed Oct 30 19:37:48 UTC 2013

I submitted my first update for my Espressionista theme after the first one was approved and live. Ticket is http://themes.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/15001. The reviewer said I need to remove the social sharing buttons because they are plugin territory. Since this update included an option to disable them I proposed to make them disabled by default rather than remove them completely but the reviewer refused. The option to disable the social sharing buttons was added by user request so it is to understand that some users may not want that feature but my concern is that completely removing a feature that is already there without the possibility to get it back would create frustration among existing users. I understand how this feature is considered plugin territory and hence the requirement, I would just like a confirmation that I need to remove this existing feature before submitting any future updates.

Thank you,
Daniel Tara