[theme-reviewers] Few questions + theme test unit data rant :p

Design 311 hello at design311.com
Thu Oct 10 12:50:13 UTC 2013

1.
A theme uses featured images but these are not displayed be default
unless certain option is set, is this allowed?

-----------

2.
In the theme unit test data is a template "Template: excerpt (defined)"
in most submitted themes the following shows on the blog index page:
> This is the post content. It should be displayed in place of the
> user-defined excerpt in single-page views.
The excerpt for this post is:
> This is a user-defined post excerpt. It should be displayed in place
> of the post content in archive-index pages.
In most submitted themes the excerpt is not displayed, is this not required?
If not required I think we should edit the theme test data unit and
mention which things are required and which aren't.  I  learnt today
support for Jetpack tiled galleries is not required, so why is it even
noted in the theme unit test data?

@*Chip*: This is the excerpt problem I've been mentioning in most of my
tickets.