[theme-reviewers] GPL and limiting usage

Bryan Hadaway bhadaway at gmail.com
Thu Oct 10 00:40:42 UTC 2013

*@Josh*

"I think CyberChimp's arguments could apply to Akismet."

This has nothing to do with CyberChimps, this is a list discussion that
wasn't even started by us.

It was started by Ünsal Korkmaz who I don't know and who has no affiliation
with CyberChimps.

This isn't a CyberChimps vs PageLines issue, it's not even a PageLines
issue.

It's an issue about the GPL and WP policy, DMS is just an example that was
part of the cause for this new precedent that clearly required discussion.
There are a lot of people that see issues here, independently on their own
that required no input from us.

Please just look at the facts. I'm not a lawyer, I'm not an official in
these matters, that's why I contacted the GNU directly with my questions in
order to have a better understanding. You're all free to contact the GNU
about this issue too. Please do your research and actually read through the
entire discussion if you want to have a better understanding.