[theme-reviewers] Asking users to review the theme

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Thu Nov 21 05:38:24 UTC 2013

I don't care if a theme has a nicely worded link to say "hey, if you
like our theme, why not leave a review" or similar on their admin
page.

I kinda do care if that link is ugly, or spammy looking, or obtrusive,
or pops up at random times for no reason, or things like that. Things
should never happen without a reason. Every time a website pops up a
box on me without me doing anything to cause it, then the entire
website is classified as spam in my mind. I close the window and add
rules to my browser to absolutely block the site from my viewpoint
ever again. Some consider this extreme. I consider it purging the
world of evil.

Just saying. Don't annoy the viewer. Some of them will absolutely
destroy you for it.

-Otto