[theme-reviewers] Resizer Script

Benjamin Ritner ben at kadencethemes.com
Wed Nov 13 19:45:37 UTC 2013

Hey,
I've been using a resizer script in my theme and then found out that themes
are not allowed to use resizer scripts because they don't "support core
implementation of features".

I understand using add_image_size() but I have plenty of areas that it
doesn't work for. For instance I have sliders that allow the user to select
the crop size per slider. So it's impossible to set up add_image_size for a
feature like that.

My question is why are resizer scripts not allowed for instances that
add_image_size() can't cover,
and is it allowed to bundle a resizer in a theme as a plugin?

Thanks!

Ben Ritner