[theme-reviewers] Possible theme copycat

Bryan Hadaway bhadaway at gmail.com
Sat Nov 9 20:22:56 UTC 2013

I better jump in because I don't like where this conversation is headed.

I don't think there should be any such stipulation for a catchall review
policy, especially when a lot of newcomers are using starter themes like my
own BlankSlate and underscores and we'll see tons of themes with the same
code and similar styles.

It should only be of concern if/when an author feels someone has "ripped
off" their theme in some inappropriate manner etc. Then, it should be
brought to the attention of the alleged offender for discussion and should
be a judgment call, not a one size fits all suspension.