[theme-reviewers] front-page

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Tue May 28 12:48:03 UTC 2013

Even when using a front-page.php template file, the Theme must still
accommodate the use case of front page displaying blog posts.

An easy way to account for that use case in front-page.php is to output
conditionally based on get_option( 'show_on_front' ):

if ( 'page' == get_option( 'show_on_front' ) ) {
    // Custom static front page content
} else {
    // Blog posts index, e.g. via including template/template part
}