[theme-reviewers] Up-sell theme

esmi at quirm dot net esmi at quirm.net
Wed May 22 19:24:11 UTC 2013

on 22/05/2013 19:35 Greg Priday said the following:
> I can't find the tutorial I originally used, but this seems to cover it
> well -
> http://clark-technet.com/2010/12/wordpress-self-hosted-plugin-update-api
>
> Basically you just need to filter pre_set_site_transient_update_themes and
> add your own update data.

Yep - that looks similar to other methods I've seen previously. Longer
term, perhaps you just need to amend the wording for your premium theme
along the lines of "you will *still* get automatic updates with the
premium version except that these will be delivered via  blah blah".

That should make it perfectly clear.

Mel
--
http://quirm.net