[theme-reviewers] Removing core features

esmi at quirm dot net esmi at quirm.net
Wed May 22 12:41:06 UTC 2013

on 22/05/2013 13:28 Chip Bennett said the following:
> This would not be a valid case for an exception. Wrap all of those in a
> Plugin, and add it to the Plugin repo. It's not Theme-related.

I'll mark this one as not-approved.

With regard to the the idea that this is meant to be an absolute
bare-bones, fast-loading, minimalist theme, I agree that it looks this
way. However, there is absolutely nothing in the theme's description or
the ticket to suggest that this is the intention. At the very least, if
a user was presented with this theme in the Repo, they should have
enough of a description to understand what they about to download. As I
understand it, the whole review process is supposed to result in themes
that offer a standardised set of core support features that allow for a
smooth theme transition - with edge-cases and niche themes clearly
identified.

If that was my theme, I'd have included a decent theme description as
opposed to just "P-project first template" *and* probably followed it up
with a note in the ticket explaining the intent behind it. In fairness
to the theme's developer, I'll try and add something to this effect in
case he does want to re-submit this as a special case.

Mel
--
http://quirm.net
http://blackwidows.co.uk