[theme-reviewers] Removing core features

Bryan Hadaway bhadaway at gmail.com
Wed May 22 12:34:26 UTC 2013

*@Abhik*

Well, even if it's "not okay" in general, if there's an interesting,
relevant and useful reason for a theme to go against
requirements/recommendations than an exception *can* be made in special
cases (not in this case though it looks like).

*@Chip*

It's a shame, cause I actually think it would perfect for boilerplates.
But, I can see how it might be too drastic of a change for someone
switching from another theme that might cause alarm, though I'd think it
would be well documented in the theme. Though, looking at the theme in the
ticket they don't appear to explain or have a strong reason for this
anyways.

I might consider making this into a plugin myself and call it something
like "Clean House". Is that a comprehensive list of things that can be
unhooked?