[theme-reviewers] Spammers?

Chandra Maharzan maharzan at gmail.com
Wed May 22 06:32:54 UTC 2013

Hi reviewers,

Just saw a user called SoizaStudios had posted about 90 themes. I bet you
already know it. They all have same file structure with same theme code,
even same version number, just different theme names and slight changes in
style.css. Screenshot looks same with slight background changes (same
slider, social icons, etc).

The code doesn't follow the guidelines and this is clearly a work of a
spammer. Do we ban these kinds of users? The proper way would be to create
a theme and then child themes but its clear that submitting 90 themes is
simply trying to get a backlink.

Thanks,
Chandra

--