[theme-reviewers] No More Private Off-listing Please (out of context)

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Sun May 19 13:56:43 UTC 2013

I also agree with you about the off-list discussion nonsense.

But I also think that, for the most part, discussions on the
*theme-reviewers* mail-list should have at least a modicum of salience to
Theme Review (the Guidelines, the process, Extend, code quality, best
practices, etc.). I've honestly not read word-for-word everything you've
written here, because it seems like an awful lot of words to say: public
lists are meant for public discussions, and those discussions should remain
public.

Theme Review is a huge undertaking, and none of us has the time or
resources to get mired in needless drama. The Theme Review Team has made a
conscientious effort to keep all discussions and decision-making as open
and public as possible - in order to ensure full disclosure, objectivity,
fairness, and engagement; and to avoid drama and discontent. That's
important, because Theme Review involves matters about which there are many
different opinions, and often heated disagreements. We need to have open
discussions about such matters, in order to build consensus around them.

Going forward, let's all please try to remember that, and keep all public
discussions public.