[theme-reviewers] Proposed criteria change for Commercially Supported GPL Themes page

Bryan Hadaway bhadaway at gmail.com
Sun May 12 21:58:18 UTC 2013

I'm not sure I understand where the part came in about reviewing premium
themes like their free counterparts. That just seems like a bad/exhaustive
idea all around.

The important thing is that they're GPL compliant. Other than that, Scott
has *only* and *simply* suggested:

"** The theme company must have at least one actively maintained theme
(i.e. updated within at least the last 2 years) in the WordPress.org
Themes Directory.*"

Which is a good idea that doesn't need to be overcomplicated.

As far as making sure those listed continue to maintain an active/approved
theme in the free repo is a good point. I think it would be as simple as a
monthly check for an admin to go through the list and not only make sure
they're still maintaining a free theme, but also check the theme shop
website and make sure it's even still up and running, because theme shops
come and go all the time.

That's all pretty straightforward until we start throwing unnecessary
wrenches into the works.