[theme-reviewers] Hidden IP field in theme contact form

Edward Caissie edward.caissie at gmail.com
Fri May 10 22:52:01 UTC 2013

On Fri, May 10, 2013 at 4:24 PM, Otto <otto at ottodestruct.com> wrote:

> It's not that getting the information is necessarily bad, but that
> it's sending the information in a hidden manner, without the knowledge
> of the person using the contact form.

@Frumph - The above pretty much covers my point ... tl;dr the actual theme
code but that is not the point I was working from. It is the IP address of
a person from a discernible site with a specific originating code point
that, for the most part, the person (site "owner"?) is completely unaware
they are sending.

Hidden fields and the data they are reporting are not so much the issue
(there are valid use-cases) as the specific data that this form field is
sending for, at least at this time, no known reason.

Edward Caissie
aka Cais.