[theme-reviewers] twitter bootstrap

yulian yordanov yul.yordanov at gmail.com
Sun Mar 31 02:15:22 UTC 2013

Just checked the Bootstrap license. The code is under Apache License
v2.0 which is GPL compatible. But as it's written in gnu.org - it's
compatible with GPL v3.0 only, not with GPL v2.0. So if you make a theme
with Bootstrap it have to be released under GPL v3.0.
GPL 3 is acceptable in WP repo, I just wanted to be clear.
This is the exact quotation from
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html#apache2

> This is a free software license, compatible with version 3 of the GNU GPL.
>
> Please note that this license is not compatible with GPL version 2,
> because it has some requirements that are not in the that GPL version.
> These include certain patent termination and indemnification
> provisions. The patent termination provision is a good thing, which is
> why we recommend the Apache 2.0 license for substantial programs over
> other lax permissive
Fingli