[theme-reviewers] Description Not As Is in recent Update

Zulfikar Nore zulfikarnore at live.com
Thu Mar 28 22:26:52 UTC 2013

Hi all,

Got a couple of questions I need clarified so that I can get my house in order.

1) I recently update a theme which was approved and pushed live - changed (added) to the description to
reflect some of the changes but the old description is still showing. Is this by default once set for ever in stone
or is it just an oversight? I assume that it is not automated?

2) I have a number of themes awaiting submission - with the current ones I have submitted I'm learning new things
and putting things right in the upcoming theme to better give them the chance of being approved and not have
to waste the reviewers precious time. One of my current theme "failed the test" as far as I can tell for not being
compatible with previous versions of WordPress - so my question here is, how far back in WP versions must a theme
be compatible and is it a requirement or recommendation?

In addition, the above will help me learn a bit more about the review process as I am looking to join the team in the very
near future.

Thanks in advance,
Zulf