[theme-reviewers] Editing core shortcodes (Gallery)

Daniel Tara contact at onedesigns.com
Tue Mar 26 19:57:16 UTC 2013

> I'm not sure if the theme or the plugin should have the priority. As
> Otto mentioned, he would like the theme to handle the gallery
> customization. Others like you would like the plugin to take over.
> Setting a standard would help, you're right, but some people won't be
> happy about it. :)

If you don't want it then you disable the plugin or at least the Tiled Gallery module. What't the point of having it active if you don't want it? The thing I like most about Jetpack is that although it's a bundle of functions each one can be individually deactivated. I believe this approach makes for much a easier to maintain codebase while allowing the flexibility of user preference. But I don't understand the redundancy: Why make checks if one can manually choose wether to use it or not? I believe activating a module and not see it work means broken functionality for average users. I'm saying this because that check is probably intended to help users but in my opinion it's doing them a huge disservice.

Daniel