[theme-reviewers] Editing core shortcodes (Gallery)

Daniel Tara contact at onedesigns.com
Tue Mar 26 19:31:45 UTC 2013

Yes, it's planned to be added to the next update. I was just working on it and that's the reason I actually responded to this. I don't have any problem adding compatibility checks as long as it's 3 just lines of code but I do think this should be more standardized. The thing with Jetpack is that they also have a check that breaks their code if they find another theme or plugin has hooked to it. They said in the code it's because of compatibility with the WP.com VIP feature. Maybe I'm missing something but I personally don't see the reason for such checks, that's what priorities are for. I believe plugins should have priority over themes because if the user has the plugin active it's obvious he wants to use it while not so obvious about the theme. The WP.com VIP module could also hook with a greater priority than Jetpack. If we set up this simple standard I believe it would be more easier to handle such situations.

Daniel