[theme-reviewers] Editing core shortcodes (Gallery)

Daniel Tara contact at onedesigns.com
Tue Mar 26 18:36:28 UTC 2013

A common problem when themes do his is that they override the functionality of other plugins like Jetpack, however that can be avoided with just a simple check:

require_once( ABSPATH . 'wp-admin/includes/plugin.php' );
if( is_plugin_active( 'jetpack/jetpack.php' ) && in_array( 'tiled-gallery', Jetpack::get_active_modules() ) )
	return '';

Other than that I don't see any reason why themes shouldn't hack into the gallery short code, it's presentational after all.

Daniel