[theme-reviewers] FW: First Review And Subsequent Reviews

Bryan Hadaway bhadaway at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 02:00:33 UTC 2013

Every time I've initially submitted a theme if it's not-approved no matter
how minor, I've had to resubmit and wait a whole 2 weeks all over again. If
this happens multiple times it can be very frustrating.

I'm not sure this is any different for anyone else. If you manage to get an
admin reviewing your theme you'll be a lot luckier, because they'll keep
the ticket "open", let you make the quick adjustments and get that sucker
approved (unless your theme is a complete mess). A lot of the reviewers are
just learning and this is all volunteer-based, so the experience is going
to vary.

That's why I'm annoyed (at the situation) when less experienced reviewers
are inaccurate or don't clarify between recommended and required because
it's not a matter of "Well, just do it, why not just improve your theme?"
because you'll very likely have to wait all over again (2 weeks is a long
time) to get it approved and live which is not ideal for anyone.

What's better and the more knowledgeable reviewers understand this is to
get your theme approved with a note to make the minor adjustments in the
next version. So you can get the theme live and people enjoying it, have a
new version added and it'll be approved and pushed live in less time than
it would take to get the initial approval.

It's just the way it is and it'll always vary on context, the reviewer you
get etc on a case to case basis.