[theme-reviewers] Theme Concept and Code Formatting Methodology

Bryan Hadaway bhadaway at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 04:56:39 UTC 2013

Well, the subject explains specifically what I'm interested in discussing.

In any case, I design themes for everyone, whether that's beginners or
developers or users that just don't care, but specifically and conceptually
*I hope* that my themes are useful to beginners that want to learn or
developers that want to grab a theme and go, start building something
uniquely their own. That's the reasoning behind making them unformatted and
blank for the most part. This methodology doesn't have any impact on
branding/monetization, at least in my experience.

Like any other GPL theme, the appeal is that it doesn't matter, someone can
find whatever theme and essentially do whatever they want with it, which is
great. But, at every theme's heart or code styling there's probably
something in the back of most designer's/developer's minds in way of how
they envision their theme being helpful. That's what I'm curious about.
However, since you're the only one engaging, apparently this isn't a very
important or interesting discussion to others, so with that I suppose this
discussion has come to a close.