[theme-reviewers] Really Unique Theme

esmi at quirm dot net esmi at quirm.net
Fri Mar 8 09:28:29 UTC 2013

on 07/03/2013 16:36 Edward Caissie said the following:
> Without looking at the code or anything ... this really reads like an App
> built on WordPress (which is phenomenal) but not really a theme since in
> the developer's own words, this "... will not serve to help create a
> website or blog"

Whilst I agree that it doesn't fit into the definition of "theme" as
perceived by most users of the Theme Repo, it would still be a heck of a
useful tool for some developers. There are plugins in the Plugin Repo
that are meant to be used as development tools (eg sql query debuggers)
rather than on a production site, so couldn't we find a niche for this
theme/tool somewhere?

What if the theme's description block started with something like:

"THIS IS NOT A SITE THEME BUT A TOOL FOR THEME DEVELOPERS".

Just a thought...

Mel
--
http://quirm.net