[theme-reviewers] Really Unique Theme

Jesse Friedman jesserfriedman at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 16:38:41 UTC 2013

Style Tiles allow you to see the style, branding and marketing message
of a site before its built. It's about creating and setting the mood.

You can see an example of the theme here: http://styletile.jes.se.com/
It will likely look really strange as I was just testing a lot of the
features.

My concern about it passing the test is that, it is simply not a theme
used for making a website or blog. It has one very unique purpose. I
did not test it with the Theme Unit Test because it just doesn't make
sense to.

It did fail and mostly because I haven't built a full fledged theme:
Add Your Theme To The Directory

Results of Automated Theme Scanning: Fail

REQUIRED:License URI: is missing from your style.css header.
REQUIRED:.wp-caption css class is needed in your theme css.
REQUIRED:.wp-caption-text css class is needed in your theme css.
REQUIRED:.sticky css class is needed in your theme css.
REQUIRED:.gallery-caption css class is needed in your theme css.
REQUIRED:.bypostauthor css class is needed in your theme css.
REQUIRED:.alignright css class is needed in your theme css.
REQUIRED:.alignleft css class is needed in your theme css.
REQUIRED:.aligncenter css class is needed in your theme css.
REQUIRED: This theme doesn't seem to support the standard avatar
functions. Use get_avatar or wp_list_comments to add this support.
REQUIRED: This theme doesn't seem to display tags. Modify it to
display tags in appropriate locations.
REQUIRED: The theme doesn't have post pagination code in it. Use
posts_nav_link() or paginate_links() or next_posts_link() and
previous_posts_link() to add post pagination.
REQUIRED: No content width has been defined. Example:
if ( ! isset( $content_width ) ) $content_width = 900;
RECOMMENDED: No reference to post-thumbnails was found in the theme.
If the theme has a thumbnail like functionality, it should be
implemented with add_theme_support( 'post-thumbnails' )in the
functions.php file.
RECOMMENDED: No reference to the_post_thumbnail() was found in the
theme. It is recommended that the theme implement this functionality
instead of using custom fields for thumbnails.
RECOMMENDED: No reference to add_theme_support( 'custom-header', $args
) was found in the theme. It is recommended that the theme implement
this functionality if using an image for the header.
RECOMMENDED: No reference to add_theme_support( 'custom-background',
$args ) was found in the theme. If the theme uses background images or
solid colors for the background, then it is recommended that the theme
implement this functionality.
RECOMMENDED: No reference to add_editor_style() was found in the
theme. It is recommended that the theme implement editor styling, so
as to make the editor content match the resulting post output in the
theme, for a better user experience.
WARNING: could not find the file comments.php in the theme.
REQUIRED: The theme doesn't have comment pagination code in it. Use
paginate_comments_links() or next_comments_link() and
previous_comments_link() to add comment pagination.
REQUIRED: Could not find the comment-reply script enqueued. See:
Migrating Plugins and Themes to 2.7/Enhanced Comment Display
 <?php if ( is_singular() ) wp_enqueue_script( "comment-reply" ); ?>
REQUIRED: Could not find wp_list_comments. See: wp_list_comments
 <?php wp_list_comments( $args ); ?>
REQUIRED: Could not find wp_link_pages. See: wp_link_pages
 <?php wp_link_pages( $args ); ?>
REQUIRED: Could not find register_sidebar() or register_sidebars().
See: register_sidebar
 <?php register_sidebar( $args ); ?>
REQUIRED: Could not find post_class. See: post_class
REQUIRED: Could not find dynamic_sidebar. See: dynamic_sidebar
 <?php dynamic_sidebar( $index ); ?>
REQUIRED: Could not find comments_template. See: comments_template
 <?php comments_template( $file, $separate_comments ); ?>
REQUIRED: Could not find comment_form. See: comment_form
 <?php comment_form(); ?>
REQUIRED: Could not find body_class call in body tag. See: body_class
 <?php body_class( $class ); ?>
REQUIRED: Could not find add_theme_support( 'automatic-feed-links' ).
See: add_theme_support
 <?php add_theme_support( $feature ); ?>
REQUIRED: functions.php. Themes should use add_theme_page() for adding
admin pages.
RECOMMENDED: bloginfo( url ) was found in the file header.php. Use
echo home_url() instead.
INFO: Non-printable characters were found in the content-style.php
file. You may want to check this file for errors.
Note: While the automated theme scan is based on the Theme Review
Guidelines, it is not a complete review. A successful result from the
scan does not guarantee that the theme will pass review. All submitted
themes are reviewed manually before approval.

Your theme has failed the theme check. Please correct the problems
with it and upload it again. You can also use the Theme Check Plugin
to test your theme before uploading. If you have any questions about
this please contact theme-reviewers at lists.wordpress.org.