[theme-reviewers] Really Unique Theme

Jesse Friedman jesserfriedman at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 15:55:02 UTC 2013

Hello All

Steve Fisher (@hellofisher) and I have created a very unique WP theme.
 It serves one single purpose and that is to create and present style
tiles.  This theme will not serve to help create a website or blog.
Instead it will utilize the customize.php to create responsive
interactive styletiles live in the browser.

We would really like to submit this to the Theme Directory but since
its so unique I'm not sure it will be accepted. It def does not follow
the guidelines of the theme unit test.  However it is coded under
WordPress best practices.

I can attach the theme for review, but right now I'm on an airplane
with really poor wifi. For now any advice on the subject would be
greatly appreciated.

WHAT IS A STYLE TILE?

Samantha Warren explains on styletil.es that:

Style Tiles are a design deliverable consisting of fonts, colors and
interface elements that communicate the essence of a visual brand for
the web. They help form a common visual language between the designers
and the stakeholders and provide a catalyst for discussions around the
vision and goals of the project. Style Tiles are similar to the paint
chips and fabric swatches an interior designer gets approval on before
designing a room.

As everything we do is represented in a browser we wanted to take our
style tiles a bit further. So here it is. An in-browser style tile
that helps us establish a visual language and design direction for
your project. Plus it is viewable in any modern device so you can get
an idea of how things might feel on your device.

--
thanks

*jesse friedman*
jes.se.com *
*
Book: Web Designers Guide to WordPress -
http://wdgwp.com/onamazon<http://wdgwp.com/onamazon>
Twitter: @professor <http://twitter.com/professor>
Facebook: Like<https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jesse-Friedman/204793299545174>