[theme-reviewers] Need Help

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Mon Mar 4 16:07:39 UTC 2013

> And until declaring support for it does something
more than just adding a menu, I doubt it's meaningful enough to need a
theme_support option that would have to be supported by core for the
foreseeable future.

This is the main part I disagree with. There is inherent value in exposing
the Customizer to the user with the same efficiency as the Theme Options
page.

Theme Options: Dashboard -> Appearance -> Theme Options
Customizer: Dashboard -> Themes (if you know to look there) -> (load page)
-> Customize

If Themes are going to add one line of code, isn't it far superior to add a
never-needs-to-be-changed add_theme_support() call, than to add a different
bit of code, that could potentially change in the future?