[theme-reviewers] Theme Vs Plugin Territory

Greg Priday greg at siteorigin.com
Sat Mar 2 12:04:45 UTC 2013

This guideline isn't limiting at all. If some functionality is in the
plugin domain, that just means you need to move it out of your theme
into a plugin. You can fully support your plugin in your theme...
just make sure you gracefully degrade if it isn't installed.

This is a great starting point to handling plugin dependancies -
http://ottopress.com/2012/themeplugin-dependencies/

I make free WordPress themes
http://siteorigin.com
http://facebook.com/SiteOrigin