[theme-reviewers] Question about removing default widgets

Paul Appleyard paul at spacecat.com
Fri Mar 1 01:09:42 UTC 2013

Yup thought it was familiar. I would think that a seamless extension of
existing widgets and shortcodes would be preferable to a theme
implementing custom widgets and shortcodes - which would break if the
theme was switched.

Theme authors would, of course, have to update these widgets when new
versions of WordPress roll out, to accommodate changes in the core
functionality.

Paul Appleyard