[theme-reviewers] Formal Request for Change of Methodology.

Edward Caissie edward.caissie at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 12:38:19 UTC 2013

Although Frumph's suggestion might be considered extreme by some, I am
having a tough time not agreeing with it as a whole (if it was to be
implemented it would likely need a tweak or three, but the ideals are
sound) ... but the greatest issue always seems to come back around to the
core nature of the reviewers: we are all volunteers.

I know I have considered it, and suggested it in the past; I know it has
been discussed from time to time within the community; and, I know there is
interest from the theme authors in it coming to fruition ... the "it" in
this case is a "paid" WordPress team of reviewers that are specifically
tasked with maintaining the theme repository, guidelines, processes, etc.
We, as volunteers, all have to pay the bills and as such our time is at a
premium.

We may be gaining great insights and invaluable knowledge of WordPress as
well as the satisfaction of being able to give back to the community in a
meaningful manner but in the real world we still have to pay those bills
... and prioritize accordingly. The idea of adding additional "admins" to
help with the workload is great *and* being seriously looked at *and*
implemented but will it be enough? Time will tell, but we are falling
victim to time as it is.

Edward Caissie
aka Cais.