[theme-reviewers] Theme Review - Suggestions

Stephen Cui scui2005 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 14 19:08:06 UTC 2013

Hi,

We all know the trac queue is crazy long. For a new theme, it takes about 4
to 5 weeks to get a first review. If there is any required issue, it takes
another 4 to 5 weeks. Practically there are 2 priority queues: approved and
new themes.

Of course, reviewers are volunteers. We cannot require (or encourage) theme
authors or theme shops to participate in the review. However, I have some
suggestions for my fellow reviewers. I believe it will help in certain way.

1. Follow the guideline and differentiate between Required and Recommended.
Please note the WordPress' default theme is not guideline.

2. We should approve the theme if there is only minor issues. (e.g.
Untranslated texts, forgot to use esc_attr for one or two instance).

3. If the theme is ready to be approved except several required issues, we
should follow up with new ticket. It take less time to review the followup
ticket and help the trac queue. Tips: You will need to update the email
address in Trac system in order to receive the follow up comments.

Have a good weekend!