[theme-reviewers] Questions on my first review

Sayontan Sinha sayontan at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 15:50:08 UTC 2013

> Also, because reviews are performed by actual humans, who can interpret
> Guidelines differently, the review standard probably will never be 100%
> consistent. So, the "but there are other Themes in the directory that do X"
> is never a valid argument.

Sorry Chip, this has "lame" written all over it. The review team has been
at it for about 3 years now, and the guidelines just keep getting more
convoluted and less consistent. Far from "raising the quality standard",
all that happens is that developers lose interest in contributing any more.
If you want people to stop saying "but there are other themes in the
directory that do X", maybe you should get your act together and ensure
that there aren't such themes, specifically ones that feature on popularity
lists. Otherwise this attitude reeks of favouritism, specifically when
review team members seem to be getting a pass on things that others don't.

BTW, there was supposed to be more clarity and some addition to the
guidelines as per your comment
here<http://make.wordpress.org/themes/2012/11/26/wordpress-3-5-guidelines-revisions/#comment-24527>.
Seven months later there is still no mention about the word "shortcode" in
the Theme Review Guidelines <http://codex.wordpress.org/Theme_Review>. And
you keep defending why there will be no consistency.

Sayontan.