[theme-reviewers] Webmaster Tools IDs - plugin territory?

Azizur Rahman prodevstudio at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 00:55:11 UTC 2013

If there is no core api for this kind of option/configuration then how does
a developer add those properly? (I am not picking on you Emil so don't take
it personally)

IMO these options are equivalent to robot.txt which is taken care of in
core.

In my view these are site configuration and theme should stay out of them.
It has nothing to do with presentation.

WPTRT could propose that if a theme is going to provide an interface to set
these value they need to be stores such a way that it can transfer from
theme to theme and even plugins. WPTRT needs provide those guidelines in
where and how these config stored/retrived. so that user/site is not impacted
adversely when switching themes.

I know not everyone will agree to above but it is in the best interest of
the end user.

Regards,

Azizur

On Monday, 15 July 2013, Emil Uzelac wrote:

> Hi Jason,
>
> Assuming that we're referring to Theme Options, this should be fine.
>
> *As long as this is not hardcoded and properly added :)*
>
> Thanks,
> Emil
>

> On Sun, Jul 14, 2013 at 6:28 PM, Jason Clarke <jgc at jasonclarke.org<javascript:_e({}, 'cvml', 'jgc at jasonclarke.org');>
> > wrote:
>
>> Hi Admins,
>>
>> Long-time listener, first-time caller here- in reviewing my first theme,
>> I remembered a recent list discussion on how Analytics-specific fields in
>> themes are not allowed because they're considered plugin territory.
>>
>> On a related note, I'm assuming that other similar fields such as "Google
>> Webmaster Tools ID" and "Alexa ID" are also plugin territory- can the
>> admins confirm this is the case?
>>
>> Thank you!
>> Jason
>>
>> PS - As a side/related note, it would be super helpful if the list
>> archives where somehow searchable - that might be one more avenue for
>> newbies like myself to check before emailing the list (assuming guidelines
>> haven't changed).
>>
>> --
>> Jason Clarke
>> http://jasonclarke.org