[theme-reviewers] Fwd: Theme Lab - Shortcode

Philip M. Hofer (Frumph) philip at frumph.net
Sun Jul 14 02:13:21 UTC 2013

And thusly the current lead of the Theme Review team:

As I pointed out in a previous thread, there were people in favor and a few
not in favor;  the biggest view was that people would have either some extra
stuff in their content and someone pointed out that data would be lossed, ..
both of which are false;  there are plugins to find and replace content data
there are also plugins to convert one datatype to another.   Nothing is
lost, ever.

If this goes this route, the only thing we have left is cookie cutter themes
with the same core programming.   If the 'review' team decides that this is
what they want then they should create the backbone theme and distribute it
as the one people need to use; otherwise there's no reason at all for
creating unique themes, the backbone is going to all be the same regardless.

Again, still even if you say it Otto; as a community member there needs to
be checks and balances to all volunteer projects.   An overseer who'se
determination it does take to make the final say.   Chip is *NOT* that
person.   He blatantly ignored the thread on the make themes site with
everyone arguing against it and continues to abuse his stature ignoring the
community and even the current lead of the theme review team to make it the
way he wants it.