[theme-reviewers] help with review

Greg Priday greg at siteorigin.com
Tue Jul 2 16:38:23 UTC 2013

Chip - a related question for my own themes. Does this apply to Vimeo
embeds as well?

I just bundle a screenshot of a video with a play button overlaid. When a
user clicks that, it opens up Vimeo in a new tab. Could I just embed the
video iframe instead? That'd be much neater.

Alternatively, could I keep this video screenshot and dynamically generate
the Vimeo iframe in Javascript when the user clicks play? Could clicking
play be considered "informed user consent"?

In case it matters, the video is a promo video for a suggested free plugin.

On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 3:13 PM, Chip Bennett <chip at chipbennett.net> wrote:

> No. Themes should not link to any external resource. They can provide a
> link to the external content, or include the content internally.
>

> On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 9:11 AM, Kavita Kumawat <erkavecb at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I was reviewing this theme and the developer has put the iframe in theme
>> options, linking to his website to be contacted.. is this allowed??
>>
>> http://themes.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/12793
>>
>> thanks in advance
>> kavita

I make free WordPress themes