[theme-reviewers] Clarification of Theme Naming Rules

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Thu Jan 31 17:19:59 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 10:14 AM, Stuart Wider <stuartwider at gmail.com> wrote:
> So for example,
>
> 'Retroactive Mobile'
> I would say this would be good name... as the name lets you know exactly
> what it is. Its probably a Retro theme and its mobile.
>
> 'Futurizmo Pet Store'
> Again I would say that this is a good name as you can see from the title
> that this theme is likely to be futuristic and pet store related.

And I thought I was bad at naming things. ;-)

I'm not judging here, guys, but... names are just names. They don't
have to be descriptive of the thing in question. "Akismet". "Jetpack".
For all it really matters, I'm pretty sure you could call it "Frank"
and have it do just fine, as long as it was a good theme and had a
good description.

If you want description for the user to see and the search to find,
then we have a very big long description field for that. You're better
off focusing on that text than worrying so much about the name.