[theme-reviewers] [audio] shortcode

Thomas Scholz thomas.scholz at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 00:09:40 UTC 2013

Justin Tadlock,

> Isn't SoundCloud embed support built in now?  We should use that.

Do you have an example?

How can I know the blog isn’t using some plugin for that?

> I think the [audio] shortcode is something used on wordpress.com.

Then it should not be part of the regular test data, right? Unresolved
shortcodes are broken content.

Even a workaround like …

add_action( 'the_post', function( $post ) {
	FALSE !== stripos( $post->post_content, '[audio' )
	&& empty ( $GLOBALS['shortcode_tags']['audio'] )
	&& add_shortcode( 'audio', '__return_false' );
});

… wouldn’t help much, because the post content is:

Link:

<a
href="http://t5.mu.wp/files/2012/07/originaldixielandjazzbandwithalbernard-stlouisblues.mp3">St.
Louis Blues</a>

Audio shortcode:

[audio
http://t5.mu.wp/files/2012/07/originaldixielandjazzbandwithalbernard-stlouisblues.mp3]

And if the next version contains [slide] we start all over.

Thomas