[theme-reviewers] Is there an official stance on shortcodes in themes?

Slobodan Manic slobodan.manic at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 17:37:33 UTC 2013

Hi,

I searched mailing list archives since January 2012 and found a few
discussions but no definite answer, so, is there one? Does
this<http://codex.wordpress.org/Theme_Review#Presentation_vs_Functionality>apply
to shortcodes:

*Since the purpose of Themes is to define the presentation of user content,
Themes must not be used to define the generation of user content, or to
define Theme-independent site options or functionality.*
*
*
In my eyes that should completely eliminate shortcodes and custom post
types, and sorry if this was already stated somewhere and I missed it.

---

Slobodan Manic
Twitter: *@slobodanmanic* <https://twitter.com/#!/slobodanmanic>