[theme-reviewers] Regarding a Strange Behaviour

Bryan Hadaway bhadaway at gmail.com
Fri Dec 13 00:21:16 UTC 2013

Yeah, it's happened to me a few times where I wanted to use a name and
there was a dead, never approved theme blocking it. I tried to have it
cleared, but the admins couldn't or wouldn't do it at that time, I don't
know if that's changed, but this has been discussed a few times before and
the conclusion each time was that's just the way it is, first come, first
serve.

Unless it's a trademarked name that no one else can use anyways, I think
along with how plugins and themes are removed from search and have a
warning attached after 2 years of abandonment, they should also be eligible
for replacement by other developers if someone wants to claim its slug. An
email could be sent out to the theme or plugin author on file and if they
don't reply and update the theme or plugin within a week it's opened up.

But, with any suggestion for improvement, who knows what can of worms this
can open up.