[theme-reviewers] Tags and description.

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Thu Aug 22 17:07:19 UTC 2013

Great start!

I've added in some additional comments.

black, blue, brown, gray, green, orange, pink, purple, red, silver, tan,
white, yellow 1667

must be a main color in the design

*"main color in the design" can be quite subjective, especially in
combination with custom-background. Also: if a Theme offers color
schemes/skins, more than one can apply.*

dark, light 905

General design shade, either or not both.

*If a Theme offers color schemes/skins, both can apply.*

one-column 351

e.g full width page template or default layout is one column (no sidebar)

two-columns 829

e.g. template with content and sidebar

three-columns 155

e.g. template with content and two sidebars

four-columns 7

e.g. template with content and three sidebars

left-sidebar 211

has a left sidebar

right-sidebar 605

has a right sidebar

fixed-width 706

fixed design

*Maximum width of <body> is fixed.*

flexible-width 389

responsive and adaptive design

*Not "responsive". Just means that the maximum width of <body> is not
fixed. If the screen is widened, the Theme content expands.*

flexible-header 98

? not sure

*Uses 'flex-height' and/or 'flex-width' parameter of add_theme_support(
'custom-header'
)<http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/add_theme_support#Custom_Header>
*

blavatar 7

supports en.support.wordpress.com/avatars/blavatars/

*I think this one should be removed. It is Plugin territory.*

buddypress 23

BuddyPress elements are properly integrated in the design -
codex.buddypress.org/theme-compatibility/

custom-background 528

able to change background image and color

*Specifically, uses add_theme_support( 'custom-background'
)<http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/add_theme_support#Custom_Background>
*

custom-colors 264

be able to customize colors from customizer or theme options

*"Theme options" is fine (customizer is just an alternate UI for Theme
options). Important part here, though, is that the color customization must
be something different from custom background implementation.*

custom-header 566

able to change header image

*Specifically, uses add_theme_support( 'custom-header'
)<http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/add_theme_support#Custom_Header>
*

custom-menu 701

supports custom menus

*Specifically, uses register_nav_menu()/register_nav_menus(), and
wp_nav_menu().*

editor-style 313

supports editor style in page & post editor backend

*Specifically, uses add_editor_style()*

featured-image-header 74

?  not sure

*Outputs a featured image, via add_theme_support( 'post-thumbnails'
)<http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/add_theme_support#Post_Thumbnails>,
in place of the custom header image via add_theme_support(
'custom-header'
)<http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/add_theme_support#Custom_Header>,
on single-post view.*

featured-images 370

supports feature images on post in blog

*Specifically, uses add_theme_support( 'post-thumbnails'
)<http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/add_theme_support#Post_Thumbnails>
*

front-page-post-form 23

? not sure

*Able to add new posts from the site front-end (reference P2 Theme)*

full-width-template 274

same as “one-column”

*Custom page template that uses a one-column design*

microformats 280

I do not know microformats well enough to give a comment here.

post-formats 237

supports at least two post formats with clear visual distinction

*Specifically, uses add_theme_support( 'post-formats'
)<http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/add_theme_support#Post_Formats>.
I think that support for even a single post format (e.g. a Gallery Theme)
is valid here.*

rtl-language-support 234

no visual issues in rtl mode. RTL
Tester<http://wordpress.org/plugins/rtl-tester/> to
be used.

sticky-post 694

supports sticky posts und it is visually distinctive. (Is this not a
requirement? - codex.wordpress.org/Theme_Unit_Test#Layout_Test_2)

*Sticky posts aren't required to be styled in any particular manner by
default. In order to use this tag, Themes must apply some visually
distinctive style to sticky posts.*

theme-options 695

has theme options

threaded-comments 894

supports threaded comments

*I think this one should go away. It is now handled via core.*

translation-ready 623

All texts (front and backend) are internationalized. “Text
Domain<http://codex.wordpress.org/File_Header>”
tag is added to header info. Pig
Latin<http://wordpress.org/plugins/piglatin/> used
for testing <http://wordpress.org/plugins/piglatin/>

*All text strings on the front end are wrapped in translation functions.
Textdomain defined via add_theme_textdomain(). (Note: "Text Domain" header
tag is not used and not required; it is information-only, and optional.)*

holiday 43

holiday themed

photoblogging 73

design for blogging photos