[theme-reviewers] Unregister core plugins

Justin Tadlock justin at justintadlock.com
Wed Aug 7 17:05:46 UTC 2013

Why has this guideline not already been added?

"Themes may OPTIONALLY unregister core Widgets. If unregistered, Themes
are REQUIRED to replace these Widgets with their own (extended) version."

This has already been discussed and agreed on twice now.  Original threads:
http://lists.wordpress.org/pipermail/theme-reviewers/2012-June/thread.html#9425
http://lists.wordpress.org/pipermail/theme-reviewers/2013-March/thread.html#12031