[theme-reviewers] Theme update failed

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Tue Aug 6 18:05:01 UTC 2013

On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 11:47 AM, Justin Tadlock
<justin at justintadlock.com> wrote:
> I actually added in a new function called hybrid_body_attributes().  The
> idea is to get a jump start on the following ticket and allow for devs to
> filter attributes other than the class.  The use of the 'body_class' hook
> (the important part) still works when using this function.
> http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/21766

Okay. So, how do you propose that we detect that your function calls
body_class in some automated fashion for Theme Check?

At this point, I'm kind of inclined to say, guess what, all Hybrid
based themes just failed Theme Check and can no longer go into the
repository. Well, ain't that a bummer?

We're checking for function calls to make sure people don't forget
them. Do you seriously expect the generic Theme Check plugin to have
special cases in it for every framework available?

Proposal: Instead of including body_class in your function call, why
not leave it alone and add on another function call. Like so: