[theme-reviewers] Screenshot & "reasonable facsimile"!

Zulfikar Nore zulfikarnore at live.com
Fri Aug 2 07:01:30 UTC 2013

Hello team,
I am of the opinion that "the Screenshot must be of a reasonable facsimile" of the theme with "default settings"does not mean that it must be completely bare! i.e no sidebar widgets, slider and features that take not mucheffort to configure/enable.
"Default settings" can be user configurable and off by default - does it harm to highlight the themes capabilitiesif those are it's main features and purpose?
"Default settings" can also mean a simple drag and drop of a widget in place, a check box or two to enable a featureand the likes - I believe this constitute a "reasonable facsimile" presentation of the theme.
Advanced settings are the ones that must be discouraged as it would take a whole lot of configuration on the partof the end user to get their site looking anywhere near what a screenshot with the advanced features highlighted.
I could be wrong with this opinion and would therefore love to hear your views from both side of the fence - as a developer and as a reviewer :)
Zulf