[theme-reviewers] Coding Standard

Thomas from ThemeZee contact at themezee.com
Tue Apr 30 14:13:46 UTC 2013

Okay you're right, there are use cases where shortcodes should be allowed
and are allowed as far as I remember. But most likeley they are used by
theme developers to create user content.

I can see your point that a phrase which forbid them totally would be too
hard, but then maybe just a phrase that Shortcodes and CPTs which generate
user content are not allowed, because they stuck users to a certain theme.

Perhaps there is really no need for another rule, but a better explanation
of the existing one would be nice. Just a small hint would be enough, which
explains that theme authors have to pay attention by implementing
shortcodes and CPTs, because they often slid quickly into plugin
territority with their theme features.

Best Regards,
Thomas