[theme-reviewers] Options Framework Discussion

Justin Tadlock justin at justintadlock.com
Thu Apr 18 04:00:12 UTC 2013

We'd have to look at things on a case-by-case basis.  We can't just
generalize all libraries/frameworks/scripts.  But, in general, I'd argue
for inclusion within the theme.  This is an approach that I've been
using successfully since 2008, so I'm hardly unbiased.

For the Options Framework in particular, I think it needs to be within
the theme.  It seems like an integral component to the theme.  It's part
of what makes a particular theme what it is.

With that said, I see no issue with a plugin approach as long as the
theme functioned correctly without the plugin.  As far as I'm concerned,
it is an equally valid approach.  And, encouraging alternative
approaches is something we should do a bit more of within the theme
reviewer circle and the larger WP theme community.