[theme-reviewers] Theme options that require upgrade?

Josh Pollock jpollock412 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 23:24:14 UTC 2013

A theme I am reviewing (http://themes.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/12053) lists
options in the theme options page that require an upgrade to the up-sell
version. Each of these options is labeled with the text "Available in PRO.
Upgrade now." That text is not a link, but there is a link at the top of
the page called "upgrade now" that links to the up-sell version. Is this
allowed?
I'm going to reject this theme for hardcoded links and a widget in the
sidebar that can't be removed, but before I do that I want to address this
in the review if needed.