[theme-reviewers] Accessible theme issues

Bryan Hadaway bhadaway at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 12:39:06 UTC 2012

*SOLD*

Okay, honestly, you've made a really solid case and I almost feel I want to
do my part to help now. You've got me thinking about it (it's my obsessive
nature) and now I'm considering making some of my themes as accessible as
possible (which I think about in general, but perhaps not enough).

I could go point by point and rebuttal and clarify a lot, but I feel a bit
suffocated by your passion vs my somewhat interest (and slight laziness at
the moment) in the matter and I really think it would be overkill to do so,
so I'll just say my generalized open-ended way of speaking (and use of
synonyms in my mind) often clashes with those that speak in very literal
terms which I think is one of the biggest issues here as far as
misinterpretation and misunderstanding and disagreement. Overall though
you've made some great valid points that has changed my perspective in the
matter, good work :).

"*Instead what is being suggested is an additional OPTIONAL review only for
those who WISH to flag their submitted theme as accessible.*"

This was obviously my biggest concern and you've clarified to the point
that I think I'm on board. Perhaps themes that are tagged "accessible" (and
to be accessible perhaps the criteria should be that at least x number of
accessible features are in place or at least
http://www.w3.org/WAI/WCAG1A-Conformance is met) could be placed in their
own separate ticket category so reviewers know exactly what kind of
attention the theme needs right away? If someone already suggested that,
apologies (I'm in skim mode a bit).

So, you've turned my stubbornness into a vote. I was wrong. There can be
reasonable improvement in this area, I'm going to take a nap now and then
analyze and update some of my themes with accessibility in mind.

Bryan Phillip Hadaway

Web & Graphic Designer
calmestghost.com
bhadaway at gmail.com