[theme-reviewers] Changing the screenshot guidelines (for HiDPI)

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Thu Sep 6 21:35:11 UTC 2012

On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 1:15 PM, Chip Bennett <chip at chipbennett.net> wrote:
> Thanks, Nacin! We'll be sure to add this to the 3.5 Guidelines revisions.
> It's an easy-enough change. :)
>
> Also, I do believe Theme-Check checks screenshot.png dimensions.

It does. I can alter it to accommodate the newness.

Here's my suggestions for the checks:

If width > 640 or height > 480:
  RECOMMENDED: Screenshot is wrong size! Detected: WWWxHHH. Maximum
allowed size is 640x480px

If width/height ratio != 4:3 :
   RECOMMENDED: Screenshot dimensions are wrong! Ratio of width to
height should be 4:3.

If width != 600 and height != 450
   RECOMMENDED: Screenshot size should be 600x450, to account for
HiDPI displays. Any 4:3 image size is acceptable, but 600x450 is
preferred.

Discuss.