[theme-reviewers] Accessibility Auditing of themes progress
design at joedolson.com
Tue Oct 23 21:12:40 UTC 2012
So, my last message on this fell silently to the earth...so, here goes again.
Mel and I have worked on a basic theme audit document with the
requirements for being approved
for an accessibility related tag. That document can be seen here, in draft form.
Obviously, some questions require resolution from this group to be
able to finalize the document.
The specific next steps seem to be:
1) Reach consensus that these audit guidelines are acceptable and achievable.
2) Determine the text of the tag -- I'd suggest 'accessibility-ready'
is a good one; but I'm open-minded.
3) Update Tag Filter
Review: Chip's steps to implementation:
1) Clearly defined requirements, ideally listed somewhere in the Codex
2) Updated Tag Filter
3) Identify accessibility guidelines that can be evaluated
programmatically via Theme-Check where possible
4) Identify accessibility guidelines that can be incorporated into the
Theme Unit Test Data where possible
5) Identify accessibility guidelines that can only be verified by a live person
6) Set up Theme-Trac workflow to shunt Themes using the Accessibility
tags into a separate queue
7) Volunteers to review Themes in the Accessibility queue in Theme-Trac
More information about the theme-reviewers