[theme-reviewers] Multiple Translation Domains

Sayontan Sinha sayontan at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 18:04:46 UTC 2012

If you use load_textdomain instead of load_theme_textdomain, you can load
as many translations as you wish.

The point I am trying to address is not that of an end-user benefit (that
remains the same), but that of the contributor community. Basically the
theme front-end might have a total of 200 translatable strings, but the
back-end might go over 2000. In such a case, hoping that a person will
translate the entire back-end and make it available is a bit of a stretch.
This kind of an approach will let you modularize translations too, so if
you have a modular framework, you only load the translation files for the
activated modules of a framework.

--
Sayontan Sinha
http://mynethome.net | http://mynethome.net/blog