[theme-reviewers] Updates to an unassigned WordPress theme - need for new trac ticket

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Sat Nov 24 17:20:19 UTC 2012

Unfortunately, Themes don't - and likely never will (for myriad reasons
that have more to do with the infrastructure itself) - have direct
SVN-commit access. All Themes must go through the uploader. As such, every
upload must be unique, and therefore updates to Themes must have a
version-number bump.

That said, uploading fixes is always recommended, even (if not especially)
before the current version has been assigned/reviewed.

For tickets not yet assigned, simply add a *comment* to that ticket, with a
link to the ticket for the newer version of the Theme. Then, when your
original ticket is assigned, the reviewer will see the comment, close that
ticket as "newer-version-uploaded", and continue on to the newer ticket to
perform the review. So, you don't risk losing your place in the queue *as
long as you add the comment to the original ticket*.

Hope this helps,

Chip