[theme-reviewers] GPL-compatible social media icon sets

Bruce Wampler weavertheme at gmail.com
Thu May 17 15:00:47 UTC 2012

For what it worth, the people at IconDock sent this reply to a query about
possibly putting a more explicit license on their social icon set:

Hi Bruce,

It means 100% free for any purpose. You may distribute or resell them as
you like.

Nick

I personally think the license on the site also makes this clear, and that
it meets all the intent of GPL.

I realize that doesn't make it GPL-Compatible for the repository, but it
does, to me, make it a safe set to use. Perhaps it could be provided via a
user initiated upload or non-repository hosted plugin. It really is nice
looking, and complete, and provides what is clearly a legal to use
alternative.

Since there seems to be such a demand for a nice set, perhaps there could
be a special ruling made for this particular set to allow it into the
repository?